SPLENDIDA PROJECT

An eclectic mix of sights and sounds provided by our contributors

Friday, July 28, 2006

Don't Touch My Tomatoes - Josephine Baker

While getting out in the humid heat of our yard,
to pick little cherry tomatoes, I thought this
would be nice to share, for those of you
who might not be aware of Ms. Baker.

If It Don't Fit Don't Force It - Barrelhouse Annie & Lil Johnson

There's so much work to do around the house, but it's too hot.
At least, I think that's what this song is about.
I could be wrong.

7 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song isn't about tomatoes, you devil you!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

A:You know how life is, sometimes one can be quite slow, and perhaps I didn't hear what you heard ; )
Alas, I didn't say what kind of tomatoes, now did I????
Thanks for the comment tho!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Seidrik said...

Tomatoes or not... that is the question !
I really don't care...
j'ai apprécié la musique !
Thanks Mixaway.
See ya.

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

seidrik: You're right about that!
Thanks for the comment, she was a great singer!

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Wouter said...

Last year I visited her chateau (Les Milandes) in France. A great trip for everyone who loves her work, with a exhibition of her belongings, like the famous banana-skirt. [url=http://www.milandes.com]Milandes[/url]

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Bruno said...

Very nice,I only knew the ska version of "tomatoes" by Phyllis Dillon. :)

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

W: She even looked excellent "without" the banana skirt ; )

B: There are so very many of these old songs.
Most, pretty good for the time period and still sound good today! ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home