SPLENDIDA PROJECT

An eclectic mix of sights and sounds provided by our contributors

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Old-school rap



Jeanne Calment - La farandole de Jeanne

Jeanne Calment was born in Arles in 1875 and died in 1997 at 122 years of age, making her the official oldest person in the world, ever - and she was one damn cool, witty lady, by all accounts (quote: "I've only got one wrinkle, and I'm sitting on it). She also released a rap record at the age of 121, 'Maîtresse du temps' from which this track is taken, and it's a lot of silly fun. Read more about her here in English, or ici en français.

4 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

oh man, this is too much fun,
gonna have to find a copy,
Thanks & Cheers!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Bruno said...

Just read her entry on wikipedia,boy what a strange life she must have had,and the lawyer who took over her apartment,that's a laugh riot! :)

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, yeah, the poor guy - must have thought he was onto a winner there. :)

mixaway - good luck! - it's practically impossible to track down, I've been after a copy for ages. even a better mp3 would be nice, if anyone comes across one; I got this off the net several years ago, the source is long gone.

btw, if anyone wants to know what she's saying, I found a transcription, here.

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Too bad, I attempted a google and more and looked bleak, prior to your response. I had hopes you had it. Too bad, her story interests me and will be buying the book about her.
She sounded like she had spirit, and must say, at this point, I can't imagine making or wanting to, to get to that age.
Thanks for the song though!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home