SPLENDIDA PROJECT

An eclectic mix of sights and sounds provided by our contributors

Friday, May 26, 2006

Hong Kong Nocturne



Hong Kong Nocturne is considered one of the best musicals from Hong Kong in the Sixties. Though most of the numbers are more cabaret than pop, this one song stands out from the rest. This clip shows a Go-Go dance competition from the movie.

Cheng Pei-Pei, Lily Ho Li-Li & Chin Ping - A-Go-Go (8.5MB, WMV)

Here's an interesting article on Hong Kong Nocturne, and other musicals from the period.

2 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Bruno said...

Wow,that was great!That movie looks soooo good,also I would like to thank you for the link,although I've been into Chinese movies for a long time,here's a genre I somehow seem to have missed,of course I knew some of the Chinese opera adaptations,but this is completely new for me.

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I totally agree with Bruno, i too love Oriental movies especially Chinese ones (they have amazing moves and totally impressive flexibility fighting or dancing) and are a real pleasure to watch.
Thanks for this clip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home